With the BluMaan team working remotely now, we wanted to share a few things that are keeping us going through these uncertain times. As we all continue to stay at home, it’s important that we support each other, especially local businesses that are struggling to make ends meet to provide for others. We’ve gathered a few local restaurants where we call home, check them out. Click on the names to head to their social pages!
- Is a bakery that focuses on providing 100% traceable grains, beans, and freshly milled flours. Buy flour, ready-made dough, locally grown beans and dry goods, and bread (which can be sliced and frozen for later) ready to be delivered or picked up.
- A local vancouver restaurant that is focused on providing you the freshest ingredients straight from the farm to your plate. They’re offering pick up currently!
- Is a family owned restaurant that specializes in filipino food and right now they’re offering their food for pick up!
- Who doesn’t love a good artisan pizza? Right now order a pizza from Ignite and $5 from every whole pizza will be donated to the greater vancouver food bank.
- A Japanese sake bar that is offering bento boxes to be delivered or picked up!
- Serving fresh and flavorful dishes right to your door or for carry out!
- Family owned restaurant that serves authentic and delicious mexican food. A must try!
- Delicious food and one of Dublin’s best spot for wings
- They’re serious about their chicken. Burgers, tenders & cheesecake, what more could you ask for?
- Great selection and quality of food. Check out their salads and wings!
Donate if you can
Front line workers are risking their lives to make sure that we stay safe. There is currently a shortage of masks for these workers and we want to give you the tools to donate if you can. Here are a few links where you can help donate
- Helps those directly facing the lack of masks. If you have extra masks that you do not need, fill out the “I have masks” form, and they will email you with a healthcare worker match so you can ship your masks directly to them.
- Is an organization that is coordinating with public health authorities, nonprofit organizations and businesses in the U.S. and globally to provide personal protective equipment and essential medical items to health workers responding to the pandemic. You can directly make a donation on their website!
- Is a premier provider of health care services to 26 countries that can help show you organizations in your own state or province that need direct help. You can find a local organization near you and call them to see how you can provide assistance!
Providing food on the table
Places like food banks are continuing to provide for those who need assistance especially during this time. Consider donating to their cause as they continue to help those who are in need of food assistance.
- Team #WeFeedLA is a fundraising program that empowers you to help them serve more clients at food pantries, schools, senior centers, and more.
- Blessings is an organization that has devoted its time to helping elementary school children across America with proper resources, food and support that might otherwise not have access. They are continuing their efforts towards child hunger and there are many ways you can help them during this time!